Monday, September 18, 2006

Arrrrrrr! 

alt+keelhaul+deleteIt's Talk Like A Pirate Day tomorrow, and my lovely and ever-creative wife loves a challenge, so here we are, watching the last moments of Pirates of the Carribean, gleaning a few last ideas for the best costume this side of Jack Sparrow. Can't wait to wear the boots and sash.

Pirate webquest-slash-treasure-hunt with the kids in class in the morning, too. High-fallutin' phrased questions on everything from scurvy to eyepatches, and what's with all those parrots? It'll teach the sprogs not to mistake full queries for search terms, at any rate.

Bonus question asks how much it costs to send two blueberry pies to Hawaii, with extra credit for anyone who can tell me what that has to do with the webquest topic. Hint: it's a pretty bad pun.

Already prepped an iTunes playlist covering everything from sea shanties to the Spongebob Squarepants theme to a punk cover of that infamous Veggie Tales tune The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything.

Looks like I've finally adapted to the middle school mentality in full. Avast, me lads...thar's learnin' ahead of ye!

posted by boyhowdy | 9:37 PM |

Comments:
My dear, you are a fabulous teacher. I knew it fifteen years ago and I'm thrilled to see you're still going strong. Let me know if you ever want to start a school together.
 
We sing "The Pirates" at our all school sings! Oh, an no kid is too old for the fantastic book "How I Became a Pirate" by Melinda Long (Author), David Shannon (Illustrator).
 
Har... Pie rates.

And next time you're in San Francisco, be sure to stop by 826 Valencia for all your pirating needs.
 
Thats what I like to see! POSTS! never give up blogging. Pirate day was a blast!
 
Post a Comment
coming soon
now listening
tinyblog
archives
about
links
blogs
quotes