Thursday, December 15, 2005

Sleet In Heavenly Peace 

There's a winter weather advisory out for tomorrow. Snow overnight, turning to sleet and freezing rain for the morning commute.

If the weather is bad, but not bad enough to cancel school, the usual mountain route becomes too treacherous to navigate. I have to take an alternate and muchlonger route to work, which means getting up earlier than usual -- say, five a.m. instead of the usual five thirty.

I should be sleeping, but am I? Of course not. I'm waiting up to see the snow.

Looks like the childheart wins out over logic again. One more great thing about teaching for a living, I suppose: for the rest of your life, you're licensed to dream of snow days.

posted by boyhowdy | 10:58 PM |

Comments:
Post a Comment
coming soon
now listening
tinyblog
archives
about
links
blogs
quotes