Thursday, August 25, 2005

Waiting For Godot House 

The last piece of the puzzle has the highest stakes.


I feel funny tonight. Alive. Back on the roller coaster. And I’ve just now realized why the adrenaline’s running so high.

I’ve gone and got my hope back.

I’m of two minds on this. On the one hand, the last couple of times I allowed myself to get hopeful everything went arse over teakettle. And there’s more to lose now than ever before.

On the other hand...damn, I missed hope.

My stomach’s all aflutter. My face burns. The brain starts to overload, like a constant state of overanxiety and burnout. I phonewatch, spend hours staring at photos and floorplans, check the real estate listings a hundred times a day. I walk out and wish on the stars for just a single moment when everything finally comes together. Darcie's already started designing the deck-slash-sunporch.

Tempting fate never felt so good. Nor so terrible.

posted by boyhowdy | 9:44 PM |

Comments:
Post a Comment
coming soon
now listening
tinyblog
archives
about
links
blogs
quotes