Monday, May 02, 2005

Familial Art 



Calling all New Yorkers! My brother, an up and coming artist in the NYC scene, will be featured in yet another gallery show this coming weekend. In his own words:
I'm going to be part of an interesting and fun event that Parker's Box is putting on from May 6th-8th. It's a twist on the idea of an art fair -- artists will be there to represent galleries, instead of vice versa, with projects that play on in the format of the art fair booth. The roster of participants looks solid, and the whole event sounds like it will be a sort of an art carnival, spread over three gallery spaces plus the sidewalk.

Artists will be manning their own booths during the show, so I'll be there for the duration. Come visit me! I'm presenting a fragment of a very large work in progress, titled Meta Burden, which will itself serve as my booth area. I'll also be selling "souvenirs" of Meta Burden -- miniature reproductions of parts of the piece, each a unique work in itself, for cheap.
Official details, directions, and a list of artists and galleries represented here. The opening takes place on Friday, May 6th, from 6-10pm; gallery hours for Saturday and Sunday will be 1-7pm. Check it out if you're in the neighborhood.

posted by boyhowdy | 12:44 PM |

Comments:
Post a Comment
coming soon
now listening
tinyblog
archives
about
links
blogs
quotes