Saturday, May 28, 2005

Everything Must Go 

A pre-emptive major artifact divestiture occured today in the boyhowdy household as we all treked down the hill for the school's yearly multi-family yard sale. Set-up began at 6:30 with the masterstroke import of the camper, which provided no small amount of shade and babyhaven throughout the long steady stream of weekend bargain-hunters and prospective fleamarket resellers; selling continued until 1:30 as previously agreed-upon by the ever image-conscious school.

Cassia got a one-sided sunburn from her sling exposure, and Willow played happily under the watchful eye of her six-year-old friend Riley for most of the morning, leaving Darcie and I free to focus on softsell. Got compliments all day for my humorous yet direct and presonalized approach to buyers. Funny how much selling goods is like selling ideas. Funny how much I missed it.

Total haul wasn't heavy -- just over a hundred bucks for a mixed bag of unpriceable objects, random household sundries, hundreds of pounds of perfectly good clothes and almost two of four full boxes of tattered paperbacks. But given that we're going to have to pay to move and store whatever went unsold, every quarter meant another hundred pages less to carry on our backs.

Of course, supper out at Friendly's afterwards and a quick trip for groceries in anticipation of my advisee barbecue made the day a zero-sum game in toto. But it was nice to be among 26 families we know and mostly love, allied in common cause, out in the sun after weeks of clouds and rain. Next stop Goodwill, and a rental storage unit for the majority of our remaining worldly possessions -- who could wander under that kind of weight?

posted by boyhowdy | 11:27 PM |

Comments:
I found you again by accident.

Congratulations on the new baby. Still no babies here, but we got a cat this week.

Sorry to hear you are leaving NMH. I can't find the blog where you explain why, but I wish you well in your search.

Some day we should have a class reunion.

Dawn Everett Grobe
 
Just a quickie to say that I like your blog a lot. Lots better than most I've seen! I'll return soon!

Hey, come see my site too! It has to do with Free Msn Instant Messaging and it's here: Free Msn Instant Messaging!!

Regards
 
Hi, Saw you blog last night while searching around. My site about austin weight loss program and other free diet info needs some work. thanks for a few ideas
 
Just was out looking for real estate and your blog came up.
I haven't found anything about real estate so I'll add my own link.
new houses for sale
 
We had been blogging trying to find how our world sees free game. It has been a lifeline for us. Your site provides some of the best examples of this sort and we will bookmark yours. Another one we found was and appears to be related to yours is free game site/blog. It pretty much covers free game related stuff.
 
Nice blog. Please check out my montgomery county health department texas
site. It is all about montgomery county health department texas
informations.
 
Help! I am lost. I was searching for food recipe and somehow ended up here. How that happened I don't know, however I do like your Blog a lot. Would you mind if I add your Blog to my favorites page so others can visit?
 
Hey, you have a great blog here!

I have a add link new pc repair site. It pretty much covers ##PC Repair## related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time.
 
Hi,

I'm sorry for being intrusive in to your blog. But I am Melissa and I am a mother of two that is just trying to get out of an incredible financial debt. See my hubby is away in Iraq trying to protect this great country that we live in, and I am at home with our two kids telling bill collectors please be patiant. When my husband returns from war we will beable to catch up on our payments. We have already had are 2001 Ford repossessed from the bank, and are now down to a 83 buick that is rusted from front to back and the heater don't work, and tire tax is due in November.

I'm not asking for your pitty because we got our ownselfs into this mess but we would love you and thank you in our prayers if you would just keep this link on your blog for others to view.

God Bless You.

Melissa K. W.
To see my family view this page. My Family


Learn How To Create Your Own Custom Income Generating System.

Welcome to AdWordEqualizer / Ad Word Equalizer Finds The Most Profitable Search Terms And Products For You!

Get Paid to Take Online Surveys!
 
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a Health blog. It pretty much covers Dieting Health Fitness Exercise related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time
 
hey nice posts i added you to my bookmarks

Just wanted to say everything you posted was a good read.
Its nice too see that some people create decent and entertaining blogs, yours kept me reading for well over 10 minutes.

Thanks!
 
Nice blog! I have a business free lead mlm opportunity seeker site I thought you and your visitors might like.

Click on business free lead mlm opportunity seeker to check it out. business free lead mlm opportunity seeker
 
good morning,

great day to be taking vitamin b 12

have you seen vitamin b 12

take a trip and check out what they know about vitamin b 12
 
San Diego is having a Hot Rod Halloween on Sunday, October 30. If you love car show in ohio then you will want to be there! All kinds of car show in ohio will be in attendance. For more information go to car show in ohio
See Ya There!!
 
Anyone looking for some more business valuation info?
 
If you're a fan of LOST, check out lost tv show spoiler
 
Hi Thanks for your interesting blog. I also have a blog/site, covering serious home based business opportunity
related stuff. Feel free to visit my serious home based business opportunity
site.
 
I think you're right on track and not many people are willing to admit that they share your views. 2005 emmy oquinn photo terry is an AWESOME place to discuss LOST.
 
Post a Comment
coming soon
now listening
tinyblog
archives
about
links
blogs
quotes