Sunday, March 20, 2005

I Want To Write A Poem 

Looking back at the boxes of loose papers, it becomes clear that my poetry has always been about the wonder of small things, and utilizing them as vehicles to clarify and distill the bigger truths of the soul and self.

I want to write. I do. But the world I live in these days is clouded by the biggest questions. I dwell in looming matters, and have no peace with which to explore the world in a grain of sand. The darkest truths, the skyscrapers of our existence, push at my consciousness, drowning out the details. They nibble at my peripheral vision until the images blur.

If only the world would get smaller again for a while. Then I could see the trees. Then I could get at the universe of the mind. Then I could be a poet, once more.

posted by boyhowdy | 8:34 PM |

Comments:
Post a Comment
coming soon
now listening
tinyblog
archives
about
links
blogs
quotes