Saturday, March 26, 2005

A Day At The Spa 

Drove into Boston midmorning for a last gasp out of the house as a family of three before baby makes four. Nice drive, actually: geese for a hundred miles; misshapen lumps of snow on otherwise bare lawns the fading evidence of the Winter's final snowmen.

By noon, we had arrived at my parent's house -- just in time to leave again for a full-family date with scissors; after three hours in the salon all five of us had haircuts courtesy of Jim, who has been cutting our family's hair since I was seven. In addition, Darcie donated her usual pre-birth ten inches to Locks of Love, and got her eyebrows waxed (she looks ten years younger, I swear). One of us got a color treatment, too, but it's not my place to out anyone on that.

I am proud to report that Willow's first haircut, a pageboy, looks smashing. Though I couldn't pass up the hour-long massage and thus missed the event itself, I am told that despite much pre-cut jitters and too much photographic documentation, she was more starled by the shampoo than the cut itself, and ultimately enjoyed the experience. Mom's pix should come out in a week or so; I'll post 'em if they seem worth it.

Shopping for lox and other breakfast-to-be sundries afterwards -- only in Newton does the Whole Foods market have its own streetside traffic officer -- followed by international childhood vacation reminiscences and a whole mess of three generation smalltalk over Lobster ravioli and a decent Pinot Grigio at Pararazzi.

After a run-around-slash-dance session with a naked post-bath Willow, the parents accepted Willow's invitation to put her to bed, and the wife and I gratefully hit the town for dusky cappucino and tony pastries at Athans European Bakery (I highly recommend the dark chocolate infusion of Jamaica and the bittersweet dust of the Tiramisu). A short hand-in-hand walk with the love of my life under the gorgeous haze of a full moon in the city, and here I am, relaxed and full of fancified vittles, solo on the newly accelerated net connection in my parents house while the household falls asleep without me.

Sure was nice to be pampered for an evening. What with the job search running dry, the bank balance fading fast, and the baby due by C-section two weeks from Thursday, we're not expecting to be out again for a very, very long time. Thanks very, very much to Mom and Dad for helping us go out in style.

posted by boyhowdy | 10:37 PM |

Comments:
Looking for chula day green ticket vista info tonight I came across this chula day green ticket vista post. I was impressed. I love chula day green ticket vista and am glad I found this post. Keep it up!!

Paul
 
Nice Blog!!!   I thought I'd tell you about a site that will let give you places where
you can make extra cash! I made over $800 last month. Not bad for not doing much. Just put in your
zip code and up will pop up a list of places that are available. I live in a small area and found quite
a few. MAKE MONEY NOW
 
Having discovered your blog through the blooger toolbar, I hope you don't mind saying that I have a ebooks site/blog. It pretty much covers ebooks related stuff. Check it out if you have time.
 
Hi, I was just blog surfing and found you! If you are interested, go see my cat ear health
related site. It pretty much covers cat ear health
stuff. I guess you may find something of interest.
 
Help! I am lost. I was searching for dog food and somehow ended up here. How that happened I don't know, however I do like your Blog a lot. Would you mind if I add your Blog to my favorites page so others can visit?
 
Your blog is excellent - keep it up! Don't miss visiting this site about anal toy. It pretty much covers anal toy related stuff.
 
If you like magnets, I'm sure you'd be interested in save the date magnet My Site is about save the date magnet
 
impressive blog :) You may be interest in this resource: save the date wedding magnets A site about save the date wedding magnets
 
Good work with your great blog If you like magnets, I'm sure you'd be interested in save the date magnet Go here if you like save the date magnet
 
I really liked the information on your blog about Tax Return I have my own Tax Return Exposedblog if you would like to come and see what I have on mine
 
Wow - you're blog is full of good info. It's getting hard to find blogs with useful content and people talking about Tax Return these days. I have just started my Latest Tax Return News blog and would really appreciate you coming by - thanks again
 
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a Health blog. It pretty much covers Dieting Health Fitness Exercise related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time
 
I really enjoyed you china cooking website. I also have a site about china cooking Please take a look. I hope you will find it interesting
 
San Diego is having a Hot Rod Halloween on Sunday, October 30. If you love classic car pricing then you will want to be there! All kinds of classic car pricing will be in attendance. For more information go to classic car pricing
See Ya There!!
 
This is an interesting blog ! I'm bookmarkarkimg you and will re-visit :o)

I also have a chemical spa site. It pretty much covers
chemical spa related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)
 
Great Blog! A real pleasure to read! Do you know that Traffic Portals will really boost your conversion rates and generate exclusively yours leads? We offer VOIP webinars - Marketing Courses Using Web Conferences about Traffic Portals I also have a website that talks about various high profile topics such as Retirement and includes an eBusiness Directory. I also would like to tell all of you reading this terrific blog about Retirement that should you be in need of a terrific host for a serious eCommerce Website that www.Kiosk.ws is Awesome Hosting value! They have the best online support team for all of your technical questions and a 3 minute emergency pager too. Looking to start your own affiliate program? They have an excellent script for you! They give you $70,000 dollars worth of software to build just about any type of e-commerce website you need! Go check it out if you get a chance. You can make more money than you spend and Create Free Will for Yourself! Again, Great Blog! Thanks. The info on Retirement Sooner was very informative!
 
Great Blog! I also have a site about Fresh Mozzarella And Tomato Salad Recipe
. You can check it out at Fresh Mozzarella And Tomato Salad Recipe



Also, as a thank you for visiting my site, I'd like to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE DVD Camcorder! Just click the following link and enter your Zipcode to see if the promotion is available in your area!

FREE DVD Camcorder
 
Free Online Greeting Card Maker
 
Hi thanks for your blog, I liked it! I also have a blog/site about based business home opportunity party plan
that covers based business home opportunity party plan
related stuff. Please feel free to visit.
 
Great Blog! I also have a site about banana chip chocolate cookie nut oatmeal recipe
. You can check it out at banana chip chocolate cookie nut oatmeal recipe


Also, as a thank you for visiting my site, I'd like to tell you about a great site that is giving away a FREE DVD Camcorder! Just click the following link and enter your Zipcode to see if the promotion is available in your area!

FREE DVD Camcorder
 
Nice post. bank check
 
I think you're right on track and not many people are willing to admit that they share your views. lost show tv is an AWESOME place to discuss LOST.
 
nice blog enjoyed it :)

Keep up the excellent work! and i bookmarked u!

so cant wait for ur next post! :)

Thanks!!
 
Hi, you have a great resource for water gardening.

I am a water gardening enthusiast myself and enjoy searching the Internet for more information and resources. I have a site on water gardening as well. Perhaps we could do a link exchange.

Keep up the good work!

Thomas Holley
For more information on pond liners arizona
please visit me at Water-Garden-Directory.com
 
Nice Blog about best portable dvd player. I also have a Blog/Website about best portable dvd player which is why I enjoyed this blog so much. Keep up the excellent work! Check out my site if you have a moment.
 
Post a Comment
coming soon
now listening
tinyblog
archives
about
links
blogs
quotes