Sunday, January 16, 2005

What's Brown And Sticky 

Haven't done the memething for a while, but Jo of Counting Sheep and my old meatworld hometown sent me this stick (stick being, I surmise, the blog equivalent of a chain letter) and I couldn't resist.


1. What is the total amount of music files on your computer?
Technically none -- my computer habit is exclusively fed through school library computers accessed in the wee hours of the night, students a-slumber in their nearby dorms. I've got 14 gigs for the iPod on this workstation alone, though.

2. The cd you last bought is:

Damn, it's been a while, what with mp3blogs, the new iPod, birthday/holiday gifts and the local public library (you should try it). Technically, the last CD I bought would be One Moment More, Mindy Smith 's "big news" 2004 release, which continues to rock after months of home rotation. But the newest disks on my turntable are the new Mose Alison anthology and the pop-stars-sing-kids-songs amazon wishlist item I got today from the sis-in-law.

3. What is the song you last listened to before reading this message?
Shivaree's I Close My Eyes, one of five great trax from the newly-designed and always tasteful Womenfolk. Hypnotic alterna-pop, highly recommended.

4. Write down 5 songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you:
We find meaning everywhere. Music, too. This week's list, in no particular order:

  • The Ocean - Peter Mulvey (great Dar Williams cover includes Boston subway noise)

  • Daughters -- John Mayer (up for three Grammys for a reason)

  • I Will Survive -- Cake (if I had an anthem...)

  • Sweet Baby James -- James Taylor (we sing this to Willow)

  • The Water Is Wide -- John Gorka (this one, too)


  • (bonus) American Tune -- Eva Cassidy (story of my life, man)
5. Who are you going to pass this stick to? (3 persons) and why?
  • Sushiesque, because she is a goddess who appreciates good neopunk and might actually do this.

  • Shaw because he'll respond with some weird-ass music no one's ever heard of.

  • Sal because he's a bright boy, too, and because I needed someone else whose screenname began with S.

Fetch, boy! Fetch the stick!

posted by boyhowdy | 1:21 AM |

Comments:
Post a Comment
coming soon
now listening
tinyblog
archives
about
links
blogs
quotes