Sunday, January 23, 2005

DiePod 

Woke up yesterday morning to an iPod left on overnight -- still playing, but drained entirely of its battery. Had it plugged into my usual iTunes workstation during yesterday's pre-storm blog check-in, but instead of the usual charging symbol, I got this:

and then, suddenly, nothing at all.

How terrible to be snowed in overnight with a dead iPod once whole-lifestyle acclimatization has set in. No optimist I, I spent the evening stressing over the possibility of another hundred hours merely restoring the songs I've downloaded, the CDs I've imported thus far. Joni was right -- you don't know what you've got 'till it's gone.

The tiny paper "getting started" booklet offered some suggestions, but not enough. Hoping for the best, I left it plugged in overnight, and grabbed it on my way to dorm duty this evening, where I was able to get some great advice and hack it back to life. Thank goodness for a clear, coherent, well-organized and ultimately effective online support infrastructure from Apple. Like we'd expect anything other than proactive perfection from the mouse that roars.

posted by boyhowdy | 7:18 PM |

Comments:
Signature
 
Post a Comment
coming soon
now listening
tinyblog
archives
about
links
blogs
quotes