Thursday, December 16, 2004

Let's Get Out Of Here 

A day of furtive looks and a surprisingly large number of caring encounters made for a pretty weary day at work, a penultimate pre-holiday break here at the ol' prep school. Numerous heartfelt expressions of sympathy from those who themselves avaoided the cuts for yet another year were greatly appreciated, but there comes a point when you just want to get back to work and forget it all. Mid-April paternity leave notwithstanding, I do have to keep plugging away until the kids graduate in June.

But not for the next few, anyway. We're off early tomorrow for Palm Beach sand and surf. Back before Christmas, of course, but expect blogsilence until Tuesday at the earliest.

Brought chocolate-dipped strawberries and clementine wedges in small baskets to the coworkers today, plus a large tub o' also-rans for tomorrow's department meeting. I won't be there, of course -- we'll be on the flight to Florida by midafternoon -- but it felt right to be doing something normal in the midst of the surreal aftershock of position loss.

posted by boyhowdy | 12:01 AM |

Comments:
Your blog is excellent - keep it up! Don't miss visiting this site about online computer course
 
You have pretty cool blog here. What's up with these weird posts?

Anyway, I like your blog and will proably be back.

Take care.

Lexie

Oh and another cool site is a hot fitness model site about other weight loss stuff.
 
I've stumbled across your blog when I done some man health add url
research in Google. You're doing a pretty nice job
here, keep up the good work! check out man health add url

 
Great Blog! I have a car rental related Site.
Maybe you have a look.
 
Greetings,

I Really think you have a great blog here, and see you have a very high page ranking, I found this info out from this page. http://pr.blogflux.com/ Try it out.



I have several pages of my own,

I'ts about femme Clothing. This site is in French language.
My second site is about Chaussures that is Shoes in french and bottes that is boots in french.

My Third site is about Chocolate that is made in France. The Frech language just drops to e at the end so it is chocolat
 
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a ##KEYWORD## site/blog. It pretty much covers ##KEYWORD## errors and related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)
 
Nice Blog

Best Wishes

I have a site 80 million Down Loadable Movies If you have the time stop by.
 
website design bathurst I like your blog a lot. Lots better than most I've seen!
 
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a advantage exchange marketing mynetsuccesscenter.com traffic traffic site/blog. It pretty much covers advantage exchange marketing mynetsuccesscenter.com traffic traffic related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)
 
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a banner banner card e exchange exchange joke surfparrot.com site/blog. It pretty much covers banner banner card e exchange exchange joke surfparrot.com related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)
 
Post a Comment
coming soon
now listening
tinyblog
archives
about
links
blogs
quotes