Friday, November 05, 2004

Turkey Fry At The Motel 6 


Mmmmm...hot oil and poultry...


The boys in the dorm are hosting an open house tonight, and since Hayden looks especially Motel 6-ish alongside the typical stately columns and turn-of-the-century New England brick of the other campus houses, they're using the opportunity to embrace what has traditionally been a denigration, offering cheesy movies, a beatbox competition, crass music, an open-door coed visiting arrangement, and an actual deep-fried turkey.

I'm so proud of my boys.

But I'm also especially glad I'm chaperoning. I've never had a deep fried turkey, and every time I ask anyone "in the know" about it, they get this glazed look of remembered bliss on their face, and then they all say the same thing: you'll love it...but don't eat too much. Any food which prompts this particular advice and involves a trash can filled with several gallons of grease promises to be my kind of gourmand feast. Wish me luck!


[UPDATE 10:39 pm: In the aftermath of what turned out to be a very successful and well-attended open house event, I have only two things to say.

1. I have never been so full in all my life.
2. I have now decided to deep fry everything I eat. Mmm...juicy.]

posted by boyhowdy | 4:12 PM |

Comments:
Post a Comment
coming soon
now listening
tinyblog
archives
about
links
blogs
quotes