Monday, November 29, 2004

Back On The Train 

The cars drove in and out all day -- slow at first, then, as it got dark, a blizzard of bright lights, a legally questionable cacophony of student drivers enjoying their last minutes of freedom. I stopped by the dorm on the way to the station for tonight's radio show to change an advisee's schedule (Spanish 4 for Chinese 1 -- don't ask) and found a horde of kids signing in for the evening, their spirits high.

It's the end of break, and the campus is full again. Classes start tomorrow for the Winter term, and though another break lies but three short weeks ahead, you just know it's going to be a long haul.

And so I say goodbye to days spent with family and friends, take up the burden of the ol' day-in, day-out 16 hour day workplace. No more snuggly afternoons on the carpet with the inquisitive two-year-old. No more sleeping late. No more late night comfortable silences, my wife in her flannel nightgown on the couch, me with a long paperback, tipped back in the faded easy chair.

Thank God for the radio, my weekly meditation.

As always, here's tonight's playlist.


Tributary 11/29/04

::energy block::
Skavoovie and the Epitones -- Fat Soul
Phish -- Back On The Train
A Tribe Called Quest -- I Left My Wallet In El Segundo
Michael Franti and Spearhead -- Everyone Deserves Music
Dave Matthews -- Ants Marching
Cake -- Manah Manah

::just for kids block::
They Might Be Giants -- Fibber Island
Dan Zanes -- Wonderwheel
Keb' Mo' -- Love Train
Trout Fishing In America -- It's Better Than That
Sinead O'Connor -- Someday My Prince Will Come
Guster -- I've Got To Be Clean
Los Lobos -- I Wanna Be Like You (The Monkey Song)
Glen Phillips -- Have A Little Fun With Me
You Are My Sunshine

::distinctive voices block::
Richard Shindell -- So Says The Whipporwill
Girlyman -- My Sweet Lord
Jack Johnson -- Rodeo Clowns
Mary Gauthier -- Good-Bye
Chris Smither -- Thanks To You
Suzzy and Maggie Roche -- Clothesline Saga
Johnny Cash -- Personal Jesus

::quiet psychedelic block::
St. Germaine -- Latin Note
Alison Brown -- The Dalai Camel
Jazz Is Dead -- Scarlet Begonias
Phish -- All Things Reconsidered
String Cheese Incident -- Take Five
Sting -- I Miss You Kate

You've been listening to Tributary, your ten to midnight Monday night show on WNMH 91.5 fm, serving the worlds most rural tri-state area.

posted by boyhowdy | 11:59 PM |

Comments:
Post a Comment
coming soon
now listening
tinyblog
archives
about
links
blogs
quotes