Saturday, July 03, 2004

Media Backblog 

Items on experiential backorder.

Movies: Napoleon Dynamite, Super Size Me, Saved!, Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story, the rest of the new Harry Potter. NOT Farenheit 911. Just missed, and now waiting for the video: Mean Girls. Coming soon: I, Robot.

Music: Everything on this list except Merchant and McKeown and Welch, which I've already got. Especially Taylor and Rodriguez, Josh Ritter, Dar, Donna the Buffalo, Fountains of Wayne. Also Lori McKenna, new (and final?) Phish, some Willie Nelson and some more Tony Trishka; anything recommended by the guys at About Music; live music half-drunk in the sunshine on a tarp in the middle of a big field -- only one more week until the festival season resumes with a vengance!

Books: Jimmy Corrigan: The Smartest Kid on Earth. That Tobais Wolfe book we're all reading at work. Lord Darcy, since it's my wife's favorite cheesy novel, and Larry Niven reccommends it. More poetry. A Passage to India, which I bought in Alaska last summer and never ended up reading; it stares at me from the hallway bookshelf every time I make my Passage to Toilet.

All lists subject to change, and willingly -- feel free to leave recommendations in the comments; I'm sure to not get to those, either, but at least I'll know what I've been missing.

posted by boyhowdy | 12:09 AM |

Comments:
Post a Comment
coming soon
now listening
tinyblog
archives
about
links
blogs
quotes