Thursday, June 10, 2004

Why I Did It 

Or, at least, what I've been telling people. Which answer I give depends on who's asking, how I'm feeling, and whether I'm in a hurry. Not sure which is true. Anyway, for what it's worth, here's some reasons why.

Because now I get to look like Matt Damon, or that guy John from IT, depending on how frizzy it is.

Because the grey's been creeping in, and it's just not the same when you're hair goes grey. I kept looking at older, grey-haired men with ponytails, and thinking how sixties it looked.

Because I was tired of looking old.

Because it makes me look more conservative.

Because it makes me look more like a conservative.

Because it was time.

Because I didn't need it any more.

Because it was getting hot and swampy in there again.

Because it's the most successful weight loss program ever invented. Lose pounds in minutes!

Because it was time to let my personality stand on its own.

Because, in fact, my brash personality may turn out to have merely been my attempt to compete with / compensate for / defend / minimize the impact of that big bushy first impression.

Because I just don't have two hours to wash and dry my hair anymore.

Because, now, I can go swimming, I can go horseback riding...

posted by boyhowdy | 11:13 PM |

Comments:
Post a Comment
coming soon
now listening
tinyblog
archives
about
links
blogs
quotes