Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Red Meat and Condiments, Dolly and Yaz

A few of my favorite guilty pleasures. Wish I could say my pleasure in these was grounded in the appropriate postmodernistic irony, but the truth is, though the vast majority of my time is spent in more intellectual pursuits, in the secrecy of my late nights, here's me at my lowbrow best.

Books: Lawrence Watt-Evans, especially the Ethshar series. Christopher Stasheff. Also young adult fiction from Gordon Korman to the Borrowers, all of which can be read in one toilet-sitting.

Music: Dolly Parton, but only her more recent stuff. TLC's Unpretty. Yaz, Upstairs at Eric's...remember Yaz?

Food: Gravy. Bacon. Mayo. Lemon Pepsi. Relish. Pulled Pork sandwiches with vinegar pickles and cornbread. Entire orders of Peking Dumplings. Mmm...

Television: Stupid clip shows like America's Funniest Home Videos. Stupid reality shows from the bottom of the barrel (like The Littlest Groom and, more recently, Miss America Fear Factor). And, to my immense surprise, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (with thanks to the wife who got me hooked).

Cyberspace: Customers Suck. Ego-surfing: the usual self-googling, but also watching other people respond to my coments at other sites, and checking my ranking at blorgy, of course. I'm such a link whore.


What's your guilty pleasure?

posted by boyhowdy | 9:43 AM |

Comments:
Post a Comment
coming soon
now listening
tinyblog
archives
about
links
blogs
quotes