Thursday, April 15, 2004

Memespotting

Found in Vanessa's weblog digest , which I discovered backlinking from my reinvigorate hit-tracker. Via Nick, who got it from normblog, who got it from Anne, who got it from Crescat Sententia...

Anyway, here's the deal.
  1. Grab the nearest book.
  2. Open the book to page 23.
  3. Find the fifth sentence.
  4. Post the text of the sentence in your journal along with these instructions.
Of course, memes never work right for me. In this case, I find myself in the midst of a list at the top of Steve Martin's Pure Drivel, wondering if lists count. Allowing that bullets are still sentences if they end in a period would net us the following entry:
  • "7:22 A.M.: Kitten leaps, stops, darts left, stops abruptly, climbs wall, clings for two seconds, falls on head, darts right for no apparent reason." (From Mars Probe Finds Kittens)
My alternate book, yet another collection of essays, is slightly more help. Equally close at hand is David Rakoff's Fraud, where page 23 finds us post-anecdotal in the midst of an essay entitled Arise, Ye Wretched of the Earth. Sentence five? "I would not lose my virginity that summer to any of the girls from the group." Now that's more like it!

Also, now I want a weblog digest.

posted by boyhowdy | 9:50 PM |

Comments:
Post a Comment
coming soon
now listening
tinyblog
archives
about
links
blogs
quotes