Tuesday, March 30, 2004

I Have A Radio Show

Monday nights at ten o'clock I head on over to the other campus to sit in a basement talking to myself.

That I am often overheard by dozens of students, and god knows how many random rural listeners from as far as thirty miles away, is a bonus. It's just a dinky high school station, but it's powered by the strongest transmitter we know of among our peers in the prep school world.

I love it, and I'm damn good. I read bedtime stories on the half-hour and the hour -- tonight, selections from the old seventies classic Free To Be...You And Me. I hold "guess the famous back-up singer" contests and give away a week's worth of free snack bar coffee to the winners out of my own pocket. And I post the playlist here every week.

Here's tonight's.

Bob Dorough -- Too Much Coffee Man
Manu Chao -- Me Gustas Tu
Los Lobos -- Kiko and the Lavender Moon
Norah Jones -- Sunrise
Skavoovie and the Epitones -- Subway Joe
Jack Johnson -- Rodeo Clowns
Michael Franti and Spearhead -- Everyone Deserves Music
Sarah Harmer -- Basement Apartment
Oysterband -- Street Of Dreams
Phish -- Back on the Train
Lucy Kaplansky -- Cowboy Singer
Alison Brown -- Dalai Camel
Nickel Creek -- Spit on a Stranger
Yo Yo Ma and Bobby McFerrin -- Ave Maria (Gounod/Bach)
Keller Williams -- Kidney in a Cooler
The Jayhawks -- Save It for a Rainy Day
Eddie From Ohio -- Monotony
Norah Jones -- Creepin' In
Rani Arbo and daisy mayhem -- Baby Took a Limo to Memphis
Take 6 -- Gold Mine
Lucy Kaplansky -- The Red Thread
Erin McKeown -- Slung-lo
Slaid Cleaves -- Lydia
Sarah McLachlan -- Blackbird
Patty Griffin -- Poor Man's House
Susan Werner -- Courting The Muse
James Taylor -- Walking My Baby Back Home


You've been listening to Tributary, your ten to midnight Monday night show here on WNMH 91.5, serving Northfield, Gill, Keene, Brattleboro -- and you -- each week with a little of this, a little of that, some Funk, some Folk, some Jazz and Jambands, from Blues to Bluegrass and everything in between. Have a nice night, y'all.

posted by boyhowdy | 12:48 AM |

Comments:
Post a Comment
coming soon
now listening
tinyblog
archives
about
links
blogs
quotes