Tuesday, May 27, 2003

Mr. Osborne, may I be excused? My brain is full...

I've got way too many tasks piling up; the back of my hand is so full of impending-ink "to do" notes that I'm about to run out of skin surface. Grading's overdue, I have no plans at all for my penultimate Media Literacy class tomorrow, the web project I was assisting with dropped a virus on the school website, and I've got conference calls scheduled for early morning tomorrow and Thursday to plan for this summer's academic technology training trip to Bangladesh. The baby's stuffed up with a cold that keeps her from sleeping well; I've hardly seen her for days, and I miss her. Students kiss shirtless outside my office window on the first sunny day in what seems like a month, thumbing their nose at my pain and pressure by their very lighthearted existence.

Every year at his time I teeter on the edge of a full-blown nervous breakdown, and every year it seems like this year's the one I'm gonna blow. I've always prided myself on working well under pressure; just gotta keep reminding myself to expect miracles -- it's always worked so far. But if it wasn't for the looming light at the end of the tunnel that is the final stretch to graduation on Sunday, I'd be in the pit of despair already.

I hate to sound like those whiny adolescent bloggers -- you know the type, the ones who make the rest of us seem like A-listers -- but it seems impossible from here and now. So read Shaw's blog (it lives in my comments), and browse the archives (ever wondered what I was doing on your birthday?), but expect little newblogging for the remainder of the week. I'll try to post a little something each day, but it may not be much, and, given how little time I have for browsing and collecting of the world wide waste, it will likely be egocentric. We will return to our regularly scheduled daily outpouring of verbosity and poesy starting Monday. I promise. Gotta run...

Oh, and sorry for the rant length. As Twain said, I would have written something shorter, but I didn't have the time.

posted by boyhowdy | 11:15 PM |

Comments:
Post a Comment
coming soon
now listening
tinyblog
archives
about
links
blogs
quotes