Saturday, May 03, 2003

It Takes A Train To Cry



Israel "Iz" Kamakawiwo'ole's haunting version of Somewhere Over The Rainbow showed up twice in my life this week, once on some TV show I cannot now remember, once again at the end of Finding Forrester on cable tonight. If you're an ER-head like Darcie and me, it's also the song they played in the episode where Mark Greene finally succumbs to his brain tumor.

A giant of a man both musically and literally -- at his top weight, the 6' 2" Kamakawiwo'ole weighed in at 757 pounds -- Iz would have been just 44 this year, but he died in 1997 of complications brought on by his severe weight problem.

This song makes me cry. And sometimes you need just the right song to cry to. So download this song, and save it for a day when you need it. Trust me. You won't be sorry.

posted by boyhowdy | 12:01 AM |

Comments:
Post a Comment
coming soon
now listening
tinyblog
archives
about
links
blogs
quotes