Thursday, April 17, 2003

Whatever Happened To...



I'm a great lover, I bet.


The other day a woman came up to me and said, "Didn't I see you on television?" I said, "I don't know. You can't see out the other way."

Not sure why I was thinking about him, but glad to hear that Emo Phillips is still performing, albeit with a new haircut. Less glad to see the exact same list of Emo jokes mass-posted across both blogiverse and net-in-general; immortality is nice, but the redundancy suggests that even if the gangly one is producing new material, it's the old stuff that counts.

Saw Emo at a Boston comedy club about 15 years ago -- he read jokes off the back of a Rice Crispies box, and got his finger stuck in the bumper-car wire club ceiling. Maybe you had to be there; Emo's the kind of guy whose affect is more than half the fun.

Funny thing about all this information glut: where out-of-nowhere memories used to go back to the deep brain recesses, now they become instant search terms. Welcome to my brain, folks.

posted by boyhowdy | 10:22 AM |

Comments:
Post a Comment
coming soon
now listening
tinyblog
archives
about
links
blogs
quotes