Friday, April 25, 2003

Today's Wish I'd Thought Of That Award Goes To...

Johann, bloghost of Coherence Theory Of Truth, for a pretty slick mechanism to bring in blogtraffic from the überbored.

See, when you type "I'm feeling lucky" into google's search field and press the "I'm feeling lucky" button, you get his blog. Works for "I'm not feeling lucky" too, if you're feeling especially ornery.

Although this isn't a metatag issue -- in fact, there's nothing in Johann's code which would explain why this happens -- I used this phenomenon as an example of how to use metatags and other search engine ranking cues in advanced web design class today. Students incredulous: Why would anyone actually do that?

Think about it. How do you think I discovered this blog in the first place?

posted by boyhowdy | 5:03 PM |

Comments:
Post a Comment
coming soon
now listening
tinyblog
archives
about
links
blogs
quotes