Thursday, January 23, 2003

S'mores


Life Is Like A Box Of Chocolates, A Packet Of Graham Crackers, And A Handful Of Melted Marshmallows

Although ever since they became a breakfast cereal s'mores have lost some of their charm, there's something wonderful about the idea of taking three sweets, melting them into goo precariously by an open fire, trying not to drip hot marshmallowness on your pants. I want there to be a grand metaphor here, something about how the melted summer stickiness of this traditional campfire treat represents something about my life right now, but honestly, I'm too tired. Plus, when you get right down to it, s'mores are too complicated.

I don't even like s'mores, I just love a woman who makes 'em for herself, in the oven on a cookie sheet, when it's four below zero, then leaves 'em out for me to enjoy when I come home from being on duty.

posted by boyhowdy | 12:17 AM |

Comments:
Post a Comment
coming soon
now listening
tinyblog
archives
about
links
blogs
quotes