Friday, January 31, 2003

Getting Better All The Time

I was pretty bad off yesterday. Chills and stomach cramping, sudden toilet runs, delirium: the whole nine yards. Restless but couldn't move much. Ate nothing but tea, toast and ginger ale; barely managed to keep it down.

On the bright side, I think I've finally caught up on sleep. Last night I awoke at 2:45, fully conscious, aware of less pain than I had been, and was just...alert for an hour or so in the dark. It was peaceful and very relaxing. This morning I feel groggy but I can tell it's just what remains of the flu. The end is near.

The swelling in my lower back remains. I hobble around the house like an old man, hunched over. I balance on the edge of my chair. I've been at work for a total of five hours this week.

posted by boyhowdy | 9:54 AM |

Comments:
Post a Comment
coming soon
now listening
tinyblog
archives
about
links
blogs
quotes